07 May 2007

The thrill of victory, the agony of the feet

My softball team, The Heat, had our second game of the summer season yesterday. We won again, 14-5, but the game was not without incident.

A newbie on the team had a rather serious injury. He tore his Achilles tendon and will require surgery and that means he is on the DL for the rest of the season.

It's really a bummer because he was a great all-around player and we really enjoyed having him on the team. I hope he will still come to some games and consider playing again next season.

I had another great day (other than worrying about the injured player). I walked (thrown out at home - AGAIN!) and singled (left on first - but an RBI for me!). My batting average for the season is still 1.000. YAY!

The only bummer about winning the two placement games is that we may be bumped up to a higher division. And of course, the injury to our new player.

If you, dear reader, are the praying sort, please pray for our player and those taking care of him.

UPDATE - Our Player had surgery to repair his Achilles tendon. He is expected to recover in a few weeks.