20 May 2007

A really fabulous birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I had a really fabulous day (as you could probably tell by the title of this post).

So here's my recipe for the perfect birthday day:

Sleep late (or later than usual)
Watch movie -pausing to answer the phone and chat with faraway friends who remembered your birthday
go to Starbucks and try a coffee you have never tried before (hopefully paying for it with a Starbucks card you got as a gift)
go shopping for books & dvds
have a lite lunch
get a manicure & pedicure
maybe a bit more shopping
go out for a great fondue dinner with good friends, don't drive yourself (you'll be drinking), and bring your own wine (so you can drink as much as you want and you know it will be good)
Be sure and end the day with a long chat on the phone with a faraway family member.

Repeat as often as necessary. Birthday not required.

Today is my father's birthday. He would have been 80 years old today. He passed away 20 years ago, just before his 60th birthday, while I was still in college. I think he would have enjoyed my birthday recipe as well.

Tonight I am having dinner with an old friend from High School who is in town on business.

Yay!

No comments: