10 May 2007

So many bands, so little time

First the back story on this adventure:

My cousin & I are the same age - just a few months apart. We wanted to plan something together when we turned 40. She was going through a pretty troublesome divorce at the time so we put it off a year.

Then we made plans to see a favourite band touring in the Midwest in August near our family roots. This time a drunk driver had his say when he broadsided her car over Memorial Day weekend.

Thankfully, she survived and, though she suffered severe brain trauma, she is determined to return to her life before the accident in as many ways as possible. She has made tremendous steps. So, we decided, at last, to make plans.

We are going to Austin City Limits this year. We bought the tickets a month ago. She convinced me not to wait until they announced the lineup and assured me that there would be a selection of bands that I would want to see. OMIGOSH! Was she right!!!

The announcement of the lineup was made this morning. Pete Yorn will be there (with Minibar backing) and that alone would be worth it, but there are so many more. I feel like a kid in a candy store. I don't know if I will be able to see them all (I may have to develop a ranking system - unfortunately the LA bands will be lower on my priority - except Pete).

Woo Hoo! I can hardly wait until September.

No comments: