19 March 2007

Ultimate Fan vs. Semi Pro

Since I am currently unemployed, I have time to enter contests, and do things during the workday that I might not otherwise have the chance to do. So, when a friend told me that they were looking for extras for the new Will Ferrell movie "Semi Pro", I signed up. I wasn't going to get paid, but I thought it might be a fun thing to do of a morning.

A week or so later, I heard about a contest for Ulimate Pirates Fans so I entered that. I won two tickets to see the World Premiere of the Pirates 3 trailer along with a screening of the original Pirates movie and other surprises.

These events were, as luck would have it, scheduled practically back-to-back.

So I rounded up a gal pal and we headed down to Hollyweird to the Ultimate Fan Event. There were plenty of pirates there, matey. It took FOREVER to get into the theatre and get the event going. Once it started, there was plenty of fun, raffles and even three actors from the film: the monkey who plays Jack, the dog from the prison (who was SOOO cute - wagging his little tail and looking at all the people), and - oh yeah - ORLANDO BLOOM! ;-)

By the time we were finished, and went to dinner and drove home, it was nearly eleven. I thought to myself, am I really going to get up at 5 to make my call time tomorrow? hmmm.

I set the alarm clock. And I did get up when it went off, but that was only to turn it off and go back to bed.

So I suppose that Ultimate Fan trumps Semi Pro. But I still had fun and got to do something I wouldn't have been able to do a few months ago. I can live with that!

BTW - Pirates 3 - At World's End - looks really great. I can't wait to see it!

No comments: