29 March 2007

They Fly Among Us!

Every since my trip to Ireland last year, when we kept running into Rachel Weisz in the airport (at the ticket counter, on the escalator to the restaurants, in security), I've kept a weather eye for celebrities in airports.

On our way home from DC recently, we had to change planes in Dallas (we had exactly 10 minutes to change terminals because the flight was nearly an hour late leaving Baltimore). We rushed onto the plane and I spotted a young woman in first class animatedly chatting with a cute young man.

I thought to myself "I've seen her before". I figured she was a print model or something and I didn't think too much about it.

When we deplaned in LA, I stopped at the Ladies' Room, and there she was again. My companion was waiting for me outside and so was hers. We practically walked with them all the way to the luggage carousel. We lost them briefly. They probably saw their driver because they seemed to have less hand luggage when they caught up with us at baggage claim.

My companion recognized the guy but couldn't think of his name either. This is what happens when you turn 40. Your brain just doesn't fire on all pistons all the time. Of course, they aren't exactly in my circle of experience in the way that Rachel Weisz is (The Mummy, The Constant Gardener - even the movie I'm watching right now - Sunshine).

Today at lunch I was reading Entertainment Weekly and I read her name and BINGO, I knew who it was. Rachel Bilson. According to the fanzines, that makes the guy Adam Brody. He didn't look like any photos I've seen of Adam Brody, but he was wearing a hat and could have cut his hair.

I feel so much better now that I have figured that out. My brain has so many other more important things to worry about.

Oh, and one other thing, our suitcases not only made the connection, but came off before theirs.

So first class isn't all it's cracked up to be!

No comments: